[libvirt-users] Traffic mirroring

Renich Bon Ciric renich at cloudsigma.com
Wed Mar 2 01:14:45 UTC 2016

Hello,

We're interested in mirroring traffic from a host's guests to another
host's guest. We've been able to achieve that on the same host;
redirecting traffic from the host's bridge interface (VLAN) to one of
the guest's in the same host by using the tc command.

But, when it comes to traffic from one host to the other, we haven't
been able to pull it through. Please, check out this image:
http://ctrlv.in/720433

In this case, we are able to mirror the traffic from host11 into the
Ubuntu guest; but not the traffic from host10 or host9 into the Ubuntu
guest on host11.

Any help regarding this is appreciated. Thank you.

--
Renich Bon Ciric
Operations | CloudSigma

====================
This email is from CLOUDSIGMA AG. The contents of this email and any
attachments are confidential to the intended recipient. They may not
be disclosed to or used by or copied in any way by anyone other than
the intended recipient. If this email is received in error, please
contact CLOUDSIGMA AG on +41 (0)44 585 39 07 quoting the name of the
sender and the email address to which it has been sent and then delete
it. Please note that neither CLOUDSIGMA AG nor the sender accepts any
responsibility for viruses and it is your responsibility to scan or
otherwise check this email and any attachments. CLOUDSIGMA AG is a
public limited company registered in Canton Zürich, Switzerland
(registered number CH-020.3.034.422-0) with registered offices at
Badenerstrasse 549, 8048 Zurich, Switzerland. For further information,
please refer to www.cloudsigma.com .