[libvirt-users] Compiling qemu

Martin Kletzander mkletzan at redhat.com
Tue Mar 8 15:13:58 UTC 2016

On Mon, Mar 07, 2016 at 06:04:34PM +0000, Dominique Ramaekers wrote:
>Hi,
>

>I've installed qemu 2.5 through the package manager. There is a bug which blocks making an external snapshot for the second time. A fix is released:
>
>https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2016-01/msg06163.html
>

>I thought, why not download the source, apply the patch, build + make and then copy qemu-system-x86_64 to the /usr/bin/ folder.....

have you, instead of copying that one binary, tried doing make install?
Are you sure you configured qemu properly?  Did you build all the
necessary submodules?  I'm not sure how it goes with the tarball, I only
compiled from git AFAICR, but at least make install should help way more
than just copying that one binary.