[libvirt-users] Compiling qemu

Dominique Ramaekers dominique.ramaekers at cometal.be
Mon Mar 7 18:04:34 UTC 2016

Hi,

I've installed qemu 2.5 through the package manager. There is a bug which blocks making an external snapshot for the second time. A fix is released:

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2016-01/msg06163.html

I thought, why not download the source, apply the patch, build + make and then copy qemu-system-x86_64 to the /usr/bin/ folder.....

But if I do 'virsh start my_vm',  I get these errors:

fout: internal error: early end of file from monitor, possible problem: warning: host doesn't support requested feature: CPUID.80000001H:ECX.svm [bit 2]
warning: host doesn't support requested feature: CPUID.80000001H:ECX.svm [bit 2]
qemu: could not load PC BIOS 'bios-256k.bin'

First:

What can I do about the 'host doesn't support requested feature'?

Second:

I think the compiled binary doesn't look for the bios-256k.bin in the right place?

Help wil be much apreciated...

Greetings,

Dominique.