[libvirt-users] removing virbr0

Andrei Perietanu andrei.perietanu at klastelecom.com
Wed Mar 9 14:53:17 UTC 2016

On Wed, Mar 9, 2016 at 2:49 PM, Andrea Bolognani <abologna at redhat.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, 2016-03-09 at 14:15 +0000, Andrei Perietanu wrote:
> > I am building a custom Linux image which includes KVM and will be
> installed on multiple machines. By default when
> > installing libvirt you get a 'default network' which adds a 'vrbr0'.
> > I found several tutorials online about removing this 'virbr0' but I
> would like to not have it in the first place.
> >
> > I am compiling libvirt from source so I would think there is some
> compile time option or some configuration file I
> > need to change for the default network not to be included.

It should be enough to run

>   # virsh net-autostart --disable default
>
> or delete
>
>   /etc/libvirt/qemu/networks/autostart/default.xml
>
> after installation. You can also run
>
>   # virsh net-undefine default
>
> or delete
>
>   /etc/libvirt/qemu/networks/default.xml
>
> if you are sure you're never going to need the
> default network.
>
> Cheers.
>
>      Thanks for the answer, but this does not solve the problem. As I said
I am building an linux image which will be installed on multiple machines.
I don't want to have to go to each one and manually disable the default
network. I would like to disable it in the image itself so that it's not
installed in the first place.

> --
> Andrea Bolognani
> Software Engineer - Virtualization Team

material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of or
taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or
entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you receive
this in error please contact the sender and delete the material from any
computer immediately. It is the policy of Klas  Limited to disavow the
sending of offensive material and should you consider that the material
contained in the message is offensive you should contact the sender
immediately and also your I.T. Manager.

Klas Telecom Inc., a Virginia Corporation with offices at 1101 30th St. NW,
Washington, DC 20007.

Klas Limited (Company Number 163303) trading as Klas Telecom, an Irish
Limited Liability Company, with its registered office at Fourth Floor, One
Kilmainham Square, Inchicore Road, Kilmainham, Dublin 8, Ireland.