[libvirt-users] removing virbr0

Andrea Bolognani abologna at redhat.com
Wed Mar 9 16:56:47 UTC 2016

On Wed, 2016-03-09 at 15:19 +0000, Andrei Perietanu wrote:
> > Not shipping either just the first file mentioned
> > or both of them in your image should do the trick.
> >
> Not shipping default.xml is easier said then done; even if I remove it from the output build folder is still end's up
> being installed on the target machine once the linux image is extracted. Libvirt must store it somewhere internally
> but I can't figure out how to get rid of it.

I have no idea how you're building your image, but
removing those files on my system yields the expected
result so I'm pretty confident libvirt is not picking
up the network configuration from anywhere else. Unless
of course you are using a session instance and have a
network defined in your home directory.

In Fedora, the default network is even shipped in a
separate package, libvirt-daemon-config-network: the
package contains /usr/share/libvirt/networks/default.xml
and its %post script copies it over to /etc to actually
enable the network.

Cheers.

--
Andrea Bolognani