[libvirt-users] Accessing xenstore from libvirt

Jim Fehlig jfehlig at suse.com
Wed Mar 30 17:43:56 UTC 2016

Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 30, 2016 at 10:53:45AM +0200, Marin Bek wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> is it possible to access xenstore through libvirt? Or at least any other
>> programatic means other than calling xenstore-read/write through shell?
>>
>> I understand it is somewhat of a security risk but still...
>
> No, we don't expose this kind of capability at this time

And I don't think we ever will support generic xenstore read and write through
libvirt. xenstore is uniquely Xen :-). In the old xen driver, xenstore is used
(along with xend and hypercalls) to implement the overall functionality of the
driver, but there are no specific APIs for reading from / writing to xenstore.

Regards,
Jim