[libvirt-users] dhcpd (via systemd) @boottime which does not wait for the interface..

lejeczek peljasz at yahoo.co.uk
Wed May 4 12:40:09 UTC 2016

hi users

I have my dhcpd to serve nothing but virbr0 (libvirt), OS is Centos 7.2
Dhcpd would not start, complaining like this:

No subnet declaration for virbr0 (no IPv4 addresses).
** Ignoring requests on virbr0.  If this is not what
   you want, please write a subnet declaration
   in your dhcpd.conf file for the network segment
   to which interface virbr0 is attached. **
##SELECTION_END##
and systemctl -l shows:
systemd[1]: start request repeated too quickly for dhcpd.service

but suffice to restart dhcpd and all works!
I'v customized systemd's service conf, I've put:

After=libvirtd.service
Requisite=libvirtd.service

but this did not help.
Would you share your thoughts? Systemd list say it's libvirt
(wrong)doing.
many thanks.
L.