[libvirt-users] How to set virtual pci slot address > 3 on creating VM?

Eddie Yen missile0407 at gmail.com
Tue May 17 00:39:07 UTC 2016

Hello everyone, this is my first time post this question at this mailing
list.
And I'm not so well in English, so apologize first if I got any sentence
wrong or the question doesn't mean so well.

OK, I'm now trying the KVMGT on QEMU and it works well even I didn't set
any virtual display.
For now KVMGT only can launch with QEMU command line, I know that libvirt
didn't support it yet.
So I have to set command line for KVMGT features in one of the shell script
(i.e /usr/bin/kvm).

The problem is, KVMGT set itself as VGA device, that means the default
virtual PCI address gave from QEMU is 0000:00:02.0.
If I set KVMGT feature command on shell script file (i.e -vga vgt), I will
get this error while creating the VM from virt-manager.

qemu-system-x86_64: -device
virtio-balloon-pci,id=balloon0,bus=pci.0,addr=0x2: PCI: slot 2 function 0
not available for virtio-balloon-pci, in use by vgt-vga

qemu-system-x86_64: -device
virtio-balloon-pci,id=balloon0,bus=pci.0,addr=0x2: Device
'virtio-balloon-pci' could not be initialized

So I have to create the VM without KVMGT first, then manually edit virtual
PCI address to avoid 0000:00:02.0
But I want to make it automatically for each creation in some reasons.
How can I do? And appreciate first for every reply.

Many thanks,
Eddie.