[libvirt-users] Cannot get Sound-Output via pulseaudio

arne root at yoshi.dynu.com
Wed May 18 00:32:36 UTC 2016

Hi,

i am currently trying to get my qemu-bashscripts to run via libvirt.

It took some time but my first VM seems to work okay. My main problem is Sound.

I run a pulse audio service and when starting the vm via Commandline it sends sound to the pulseaudioserver just fine

However when i start the vm via libvirt i cannot get any sound output, pavucontrol shows no connected application.

When looking at the /var/log/libvirt/<vmname>.log i can see that the vm is started with ‚QEMU_AUDIO_DRV=none‘ .

How can i set this to QEMU_AUDIO_DRV=pa ?

Hope someone might help me.

Cheers