[libvirt-users] libvirt on Raspberry Pi, block by parameter "-S"

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Thu May 19 14:26:33 UTC 2016

On Thu, May 19, 2016 at 10:05:57AM +0000, Xu Ding wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have used libvirt on Raspberry Pi Debian.
> I can start the vm,  but it just starts and doesn't continue.
> I find the qemu-system-arm command generated by virsh has a parameter
> "-S", when I copy the command, remove the parameter,  run it in the
> console, the vm can run normally.
> But I don't know how to remove  the parameter in the xml file, or in virsh.

There is no need to remove that parameter. That tells QEMU to initially
start with the guest CPUs stopped. This gives libvirt a chance to do some
initialization of QEMU first. Libvirt will then explicitly tell QEMU to
start the CPUs.

IOW, the existance of -S on the command line libvirt uses is likely not
related to whatever problem you have with running the guest.

Regards,
Daniel