[libvirt-users] Attach libvirt guest to an existing openvswitch port

Ivan Borodin magwa.man at yandex.ru
Sun Nov 13 18:23:58 UTC 2016

Good day gentlemen.
I am building a study project and trying to configure openvswitch vlans
outside libvirt by means of openvswitch itself.

Somehow with interface types 'bridge' and 'network', libvirt does attach
domain to the existing port specified in <target dev=''/>, wiping the
exixting settings and always deletes this port upon domain shutdown,
thus making me loose ovs configuration.

Could you, please, tell me how should I configure an interface or
libvirt itself to avoid this libvirt's greedines.

libvirt 2.4.0

Thak you.
Ivan.