[libvirt-users] Differentiating Disk access from different VMs

Martin Kletzander mkletzan at redhat.com
Wed Oct 5 14:11:32 UTC 2016

On Wed, Oct 05, 2016 at 07:14:17AM +0000, Affan Syed wrote:
>All,
>
>I have a specific use case where I want to be ale look at vfs or blk_io
>requests on the host machine and differentiate which VMs the access is
>originating from. I am assuming a Disk backend, and looking for virsh
>command or libvirt API that can help me do so.

I'm assuming you know the PID then.  Look at the PID running it and if
you're using QEMU, the name of the machine is in the command-line
(unless you're stuck with ancient libvirt/qemu).  I don't think there is
an API for that, since you are on that machine already, it would not
make very much sense to add API to stuff you can do already.  Correct me
if I misunderstood, though.