[libvirt-users] How do you set real time bandwidth for a container?

Peter Steele pwsteele at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 17:01:25 UTC 2016

When I create a VM using libvirt, the VM comes up the path
/sys/fs/cgroup/cpu/cpu.rt_runtime_us set to something like 1000000. When
I create a container however, the path
/sys/fs/cgroup/cpu/cpu.rt_runtime_us is 0. This prevents my containers
from being able to run any real time applications. I have to explicitly
echo a value into this field in order to give the container some real
time bandwidth and allow it to run real time processes.

Is it possible to define this in a container's XML config? Or is there
another method I should be using to enable real time capability in a
container?

Peter