[libvirt-users] Hiding hypervisor cpuid bit in Qemu

Miller, Cody miller at dasi.msstate.edu
Wed Sep 7 17:03:11 UTC 2016

Hello,

I was hoping someone could help me with an issue I'm having with libvirt 1.3.3 and qemu 2.5.1.

I'm trying to prevent qemu from exposing the 'hypervisor' cupid feature to my VMs. When running qemu directly I can use "-cpu ...,-hypervisor"; which works as expected. Using libvirt, I add "<feature policy='disable' name='hypervisor'/>" to the cpu section of the VMs xml. This however, does not prevent exposing the bit.

Any help would be appreciated.