[libvirt-users] installing and accessing a VM? - newbie question maybe

vrms at netcologne.de vrms at netcologne.de
Thu Sep 1 02:11:38 UTC 2016

wanted to follow up on that part (thanks about all comment suggestion regarding virt-viewer and vcn, etc. I will test them as well but would prefer the 'console way' if possible

On August 29, 2016 at 2:44 PM Martin Kletzander <mkletzan at redhat.com> wrote:

> *   When you are connected you don't see anything because the VM doesn't
> have console properly set up, I'd guess.

the xml file of my machines (all of them actually) have the below in the 'console' section.

    <console type='pty'>
      <target type='serial' port='0'/>
    </console>

Is it this has to be adjusted in order to 'properly set up the console' ?
any pointers what to put here? tried 'bash' for 'type' but that didn't work

best ...Gunnar

thanks & best