[libvirt-users] Cannot save domain

Tony Arnold tony.arnold at manchester.ac.uk
Sun Apr 2 10:05:23 UTC 2017

I have a domain running a Windows 10 system on an Ubuntu 16.10 host
system. The domain has 4096MiB of memory. When I try to save the
domain, or managedsave the domain, I get an error when it's about 96%
complete. The terminal session looks like this:

virsh # save Windows10 windows10-20170402.save --bypass-cache --verbose
Save: [ 95 %]error: Failed to save domain Windows10 to windows10-
0170402.save
error: operation failed: domain is not running

It seems the domain closes before the save has completed.

libvirt is at version 2.1.0

Should I submit this as a bug, or is there something I can change to
fix this?

Regards,
Tony.
--
Tony Arnold MBCS, CITP | Senior IT Security Analyst | Directorate of IT
Services | G64, Kilburn Building | The University of Manchester |