[libvirt-users] creating a lxc image to be used with libvirt-lxc

Spike spike at drba.org
Mon Apr 3 17:52:33 UTC 2017

Dear all,

I'm moving my first baby steps with libvirt-lxc trying to convert over from
an LXD installation and one of the hurdles is putting together an image.

All the examples I found about libvirt-lxc refer to running /bin/sh in a
container, almost as if it was docker, as opposed to run a "full system"
like I've been doing with lxd. Also virt-install, often referred in libvirt
docs, seems to be specific/only for kvm.

Can anybody point me to any documentation to achieve the same as you'd do
with lxd? would it even just work to use those images (
https://cloud-images.ubuntu.com/) with libvirt? Last but not least, is
there any way to "publish" a modified image so that I could make changes to
any of the above and then reuse the modified one as a base for other
containers?

thank you,

spike