[libvirt-users] Regarding KVM-Qemu Migration code

Martin Kletzander mkletzan at redhat.com
Wed Aug 2 11:37:01 UTC 2017

On Wed, Aug 02, 2017 at 02:48:17PM +0530, Aditya Bhardwaj wrote:
>Respected Sir,
>I need to modify kvm-qemu migration code. Please tell me where i can
>find the code.

If I were in a bad mood, I would just send you this:

  http://lmgtfy.com/?s=d&q=qemu-kvm+repository

I never send these:

  http://lmgtfy.com/?s=d&iie=1&q=qemu-kvm+repository

these are just mean and that doesn't align with who I am ;)

But since I'm not, I will explain it for you.  qemu-kvm is part of qemu
(it's not separate repo any more), it is not part of libvirt (mailing
list you are sending this mail to), but it has rather its own community
(even those these two overlap quite a bit) with mailing lists listed
here:

They have their own web pages ( https://www.qemu.org/ ) where you can
get all the information ( clicking a "contribute" link will lead you to
https://www.qemu.org/contribute/ where you should find everything
necessary )

When you clone the repository, there will be a folder called "migration"
in which most of the code handling migration is (be sure to check
docs/devel/*migration.txt files as well).

I would also be wise to follow other links from the contribute page,
such as the Getting started for developers:

  https://wiki.qemu.org/index.php/Documentation/GettingStartedDevelopers

Contributor FAQ:

  https://wiki.qemu.org/index.php/Contribute/FAQ

and last, but not least, How to submit a patch:

  https://wiki.qemu.org/index.php/Contribute/SubmitAPatch

Good luck with your contributions and have a nice day,
Martin