[libvirt-users] vm in qcow2 runs on host A but not on host B

Dominik Psenner dpsenner at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 16:14:38 UTC 2017

This might be related to the configuration of the virtual machine. A
machine configured to have cpu X might not start up when it is changed to
cpu Y. We also observed that a windows host does not boot on a ubuntu host
with the default kvm configuration.
https://github.com/dpsenner/libvirt-administration-tools#windows-guest-crashes-with-a-blue-screen-after-migrating-the-virtual-machine-to-another-host
.

Good luck!

> hello,
> a vm in format qcow2 on host A  (Intel Xeon CPU E5-1650 v4)
> do not start on host B ( Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz )
>
> i get on host B by starting the vm  "trap errors" Opcode.
>
> anyone here has an idea how to solve this?
>
> kind regards
> marko
>

> --
> zbfmail - Mittendrin statt nur Datei!
>
> OpenDKIM, SPF, DSPAM, Greylisting, POSTSCREEN, AMAVIS, Mailgateways
> Mailfiltering, SMTP Service, Spam Abwehr, MX-Backup, Mailserver Backup
> Redundante Mailgateways, HA Mailserver, Secure Mailserver

Dominik Psenner