[libvirt-users] public IP for VM

Chandler admin at genome.arizona.edu
Thu Dec 7 05:36:08 UTC 2017

I can't seem to figure out how to setup a public IP for the VM so we
could use it as a second public webserver.  The host machine runs our
primary webserver with CentOS 6.9 and one public ipv4 address configured
on physical interface eth0.  Now i have configured a new bridge
interface br0:
DEVICE=br0
TYPE=Bridge
BOOTPROTO=static

The IP settings are for a second public ipv4 address in the same
network.  Now i setup the VM to use br0 for the NIC and set the same IP
settings inside the VM... but it doesn't work.  The VM can't resolve any
hosts, and if i try to ssh to the second public IP, it just sends me to
the host machine instead of the VM.  I read the Bridged Networking
section but it seems to want to set br0 to the public IP and not use
eth0.  I want to use two public IP's over the same shared phys
interface, eth0 with our first IP and br0 with the second IP for the
VM... or another similar configuration that will have the same effect.
Thanks