[libvirt-users] Bluetooth Device Support

Max Ehrlich max.ehr at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 21:33:16 UTC 2017

Hi,

I want to create a virtual hci device on my virtual machine. I have seen
that qemu has options supporting this

https://qemu.weilnetz.de/doc/qemu-doc.html#Bluetooth_0028R_0029-options

and

https://qemu.weilnetz.de/doc/qemu-doc.html#pcsys_005fusb

Is there any support for these options in libvirt? I was not able to find
anything in documentation so I added the qemu command line xml as follows
<qemu:commandline>
    <qemu:arg value='-usbdevice'/>
    <qemu:arg value='bt:hci'/>
    <qemu:arg value='-bt'/>
    <qemu:arg value='hci,host'/>
  </qemu:commandline>

but when I try to run my machine from virt-manager i get the following
error:

Error starting domain: internal error: process exited while connecting to
monitor: 2017-02-28T21:25:51.735987Z qemu-system-x86_64: -device
ich9-usb-ehci1,id=usb,bus=pcie.0,addr=0x1d.0x7: PCI: slot 29 function 7 not
available for ich9-usb-ehci1, in use by ich9-usb-ehci1

this error does not appear if I remove the commandline xml nodes

Does anyone have any guidance for troubleshooting this?

If it helps at all, virsh -v gives 2.1.0, virt-manager about page lists
1.3.2 and qemu-system-x86_64 --help gives 2.6.1 I am running Ubuntu 16.10.

thanks,
Max Ehrlich