[libvirt-users] Libvirt and Virt-manager compatibility

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Wed Feb 1 09:45:21 UTC 2017

On Wed, Feb 01, 2017 at 04:54:01AM +0000, abhishek jain wrote:
> Hi,
> I am using Libvirt (1.2.2) on RHEL6. I want to use the compatible
> virt-manager for it.
> When I tried 1.4.0 and 1.3.0 there is an insatllation issue on RHLE6
> for gtk3.  Is there any virt-manager version which works with 1.2.2
> and RHLE6 too.

The current releases of virt-manager all require GTK3 and thus RHEL6
is no longer a supported platform for running virt-manager.

You can, however, run virt-manager on a modern desktop (Fedora, or
RHEL-7) and have it connect to libvirt on a RHEL-6 host remotely.

Regards,
Daniel
|: http://entangle-photo.org       -o-    http://search.cpan.org/~danberr/ :|