[libvirt-users] Trouble moving OVMF guest to new host

Bashe, Joe joe at bashedev.com
Wed Feb 8 16:53:21 UTC 2017

Hello,

I recently had to reinstall my operating system on my computer. I made a
backup of the entire partition beforehand onto an external drive. Now I am
trying to import a VM from that backup onto the newly installed system.

What I've done so far:

   - copied over the qcow2 disk image
   - copied over the XML config file
   - copied over the OVMF files under /usr/share/edk2.git/ovmf-x64/

I am getting this error whenever I try to boot the VM:

Error starting domain: operation failed: unable to find any master var
store for loader: /usr/share/edk2.git/ovmf-x64/OVMF_CODE-pure-efi.fd

The file /usr/share/edk2.git/ovmf-x64/OVMF_CODE-pure-efi.fd does exist.

Where would the "master var store" be located?

Thank you,

Joe
--
Joseph Bashe