[libvirt-users] Virsh Fail to Connect to Hypervisor

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Wed Jan 4 17:21:36 UTC 2017

On Wed, Jan 04, 2017 at 06:15:52AM +0000, Xu, Rongjie (Nokia - CN/Hangzhou) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am upgrading libvirt from 1.2.9 to 2.0.0 and I have successfully make the libvirtd running. However, virsh cannot connect to hypervisor with following errors:
>
> virsh # connect
> error: failed to connect to the hypervisor
>
> root at node-55:/usr/local# virsh -c 'qemu:///system' connect
> error: failed to connect to the hypervisor
> error: no connection driver available for qemu:///system
>
> Can you give me some suggestion about where will be the problem. Thanks.

Either you didn't install the QEMU driver for libvirt, or the QEMU driver
failed to initialize during libvirtd startup. Check the libvirtd logs for
the latter case, and make sure libvirt-daemon-driver-qemu RPM is installed
for the former.

Regards,
Daniel
|: http://entangle-photo.org       -o-    http://search.cpan.org/~danberr/ :|