[libvirt-users] Regarding Migration Code

Anubhav Guleria anubhav.nitsri.it at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 17:55:20 UTC 2017

Greetings,

I was trying to understand the flow of Migration Code in libvirt and
have few doubts:

1)  libvirt talks to QEMU/KVM guests via QEMU API. So overall, in
order to manage QEMU/KVM guests I can either use libvirt (or tools
based on libvirt like virsh) or QEMU monitor. Is it so?

2) Since libvirt is Hypervisor neutral so actual migration
algorithm(precopy or postcopy) is present in the hypervisor ,i.e. in
case of QEMU it should be present in QEMU code base . I was going
through the code starting from libvirt-domain api and not able to
follow after virDomainMigrateVersion3Full(.....)  . Kindly help.

Thanks in advance. And sorry if that was too basic.

Anubhav