[libvirt-users] gluster store and autostart - but fails

Peter Krempa pkrempa at redhat.com
Mon Jan 23 12:51:58 UTC 2017

On Tue, Jan 17, 2017 at 11:27:18 +0000, lejeczek wrote:
> hi all
> I've a few guest which work/run perfectly fine, I believe, except for
> autostart.
> Configuration of system, gluster and libvirt is pretty regular and not
> complex.

Unfortunately the autostart facility for libvirt VMs is very unflexible
in regards to checking conditions whether certain VMs will work.

I'd suggest you create a unit file that starts the VM after it's certain
that all services that are required are available. That way you can
express the dependencies in a better way.

> Errors I see:
> failed to initialize gluster connection (src=0x7f9424266350
> priv=0x7f94242922b0): Transport endpoint is
> internal error: Failed to autostart VM 'rhel-work2': failed to initialize
> gluster connection (src=0x7f9
> failed to initialize gluster connection (src=0x7f942423fef0
> priv=0x7f9424256320): Transport endpoint is
> internal error: Failed to autostart VM 'rhel-work3': failed to initialize
> gluster connection (src=0x7f9
> failed to initialize gluster connection (src=0x7f9424261b20
> priv=0x7f94242a18b0): Transport endpoint is
> internal error: Failed to autostart VM 'rhel-work1': failed to initialize
> gluster connection (src=0x7f9
>
> I tried to make systemd libvirtd to wait for gluster:
>
> After=glusterd.service
>
> but if that's all required then, well, still fails.

Depends whether the glusterd service is able to receive connection right
after systemd thinks it's started. If a service takes some time to
initialize it has to tell systemd when it's ready, so this might be one
possible issue.