[libvirt-users] LibVirt query CPU Model support and restore operation

Martin Kletzander mkletzan at redhat.com
Tue Jan 24 11:57:05 UTC 2017

On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 04:21:14PM +0530, akhilesh rawat wrote:
>hi,
>
>yes we are talking about same host here.
>
>You could've just used -cpu host-model-only
>>> I dont want to host model ( it is working with host model) .
>
>AS KVM seems to allow support Haswell with native commands . Does this mean
>in my case KVM is allowing software emulated cpu model.

I don't remember if it gets emulated or just dropped.  Do you remember
if you saw those in /proc/cpuinfo in the guest?  Maybe QEMU just dropped
them on startup.  I believe that was why we added the code that checks
for it.

>Can libvirt allow  software-emulated for non host model ?  if yes how .

You can force each feature, that way it could work, but I'm not sure
with all the refactoring that was there.