[libvirt-users] Unresticted guest trunk network interface

Dennis Jacobfeuerborn dennisml at conversis.de
Wed Jan 25 19:10:58 UTC 2017

Hi,
is there way to create a network interface for a guest that just
forwards packets tagged with a vlan id?
Currrently I have a guest that has configured 10+ interfaces and for
each one I add I have to create a new vlan interface and a bridge on the
host which makes things rather cumbersome.
What I'd like to have is just one interface eth0 in the guest and then
be able to create eth0.2, eth0.3 in the guest and have the host just
pass them through without interference.
I found some guides on the internet but these always come with some
limitation such as that if you have a vlan interface on the host like
e.g. eth0.8 then the guest no longer receives packets in vlan 8 as there
apparently get consumed by the host.

Is there any solution for this?

Regards,
  Dennis