[libvirt-users] LibVirt query CPU Model support and restore operation

akhilesh rawat akhileshrawat007 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 10:35:38 UTC 2017

hi ,

yes you were correct . Model should as per qemu-kvm binary. thanks .
 /usr/libexec/qemu-kvm -name compute-0 -S -machine
pc-i440fx-rhel7.0.0,accel=kvm,usb=off -cpu Haswell,+rtm,+hle -m 61440
-realtime mlock=off

This time KVM is invked with cpu model HAswell.

Also  from proc

rocessor    : 19
vendor_id    : GenuineIntel
cpu family    : 6
model        : 60
*model name    : Intel Core Processor (Haswell)*
stepping    : 1
microcode    : 0x1
cpu MHz        : 1995.110
cache size    : 4096 KB
fpu        : yes
fpu_exception    : yes
cpuid level    : 13
wp        : yes
flags        : fpu de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov
pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 syscall nx rdtscp lm constant_tsc
rep_good nopl eagerfpu pni pclmulqdq ssse3 cx16 pcid sse4_1 sse4_2 x2apic
popcnt tsc_deadline_timer aes xsave avx hypervisor lahf_lm xsaveopt

Akhilesh