[libvirt-users] Broken br0

virt.persik at 9ox.net virt.persik at 9ox.net
Mon Jul 3 12:44:00 UTC 2017

Hello,

I wanted to get an extra IP on my local NIC, so I ran `sudo ip addr add
192.168.1.130/24 dev enp4s0`. This didn't work as intended, so I thought
I'd restart the Ubuntu system to have things back to how they were.

Alas, this didn't happen. While the host still has network as usual, none
of the VMs are able to get a DHCP lease from the router, or any
connectivity at all.

I can still see br0 with `ip addr`, but my guess is that it's misconfigured
now.

I tried adding a br1 with virt-manager (Edit > Connection details > Network
interfaces > Add interface) and using that instead, but the app crashed
halfway through; and I can't disable or remove the connection with the app
now.

I wonder if this isn't a routing issue, but I am not very proficient in
that area to troubleshoot and fix.

Where should I start? I'd like to use this as an opportunity to learn more
about networking and VMs, so bear with me if I ask stupid/basic questions.
Thanks!