[libvirt-users] Ubuntu 16.04 libvirt-guests.sh [6917] - running guests under URI address default: no running guests

Dominik Psenner dpsenner at gmail.com
Fri Jul 7 09:37:32 UTC 2017

I truly have no idea. You could try to reinstall virsh and all its
components (qemu, kvm, ..) with:

$ apt purge [...]

and then reinstall virsh and see if the issue persists.

Or, a more drastic step would be to start with a fresh new ubuntu
installation on your computer and see if the issue just goes away? Of
course this will require you to backup your data and restore it later.. not
a nice task to do but sometimes it is necessary.

Just yesterday I discovered that an application installed mongodb as a
dependency but when I removed the application it decided to keep back
gigabytes of database files.. I managed to remove those files but I don't
trust the installation anymore and am going to do a clean reinstallation of
the entire operating system. Who knows what's being left behind while
trying out different things. Always setting up virtual machines when trying
something out is a lot of work, but advisable good practice because it
allows one to throw away all modifications made.

I'm afraid that's all I can come with.

Good luck!

--
Dominik Psenner