[libvirt-users] Ubuntu 16.04 libvirt-guests.sh [6917] - running guests under URI address default: no running guests

Andrea Bolognani abologna at redhat.com
Mon Jul 10 13:11:53 UTC 2017

On Mon, 2017-07-10 at 14:20 +0200, Jędrek Domański wrote:
> Andrea,
>
> I have libvirt version 1.3.1. I am looking at
> libvirt.org/sources and see more recent versions. Do I
> have the most up-to-date version? Do I need to upgrade?
>
> $libvirtd -V
> libvirtd (libvirt) 1.3.1

As mentioned in my previous message, libvirt 1.3.1 is
about a year and a half old.

While you can install a newer libvirt version from source,
doing so is generally not recommended because your package
manager will not be aware of it and will prevent you from
installing packages that depend on libvirt.