[libvirt-users] Question about disabling '3dnowprefetch' CPU feature in Xen Guest using libvirt

Charles Shih cheshi at redhat.com
Mon Jun 19 03:01:20 UTC 2017

Dear All,

    I'm reaching this mail-list to ask a small question about disabling
'3dnowprefetch' CPU feature in Xen Guest using libvirt.

    This is my environment:
    Fedora release 26 (Twenty Six)
    4.11.0-0.rc3.git0.2.fc26.x86_64
    xen-4.8.1-2.fc26.x86_64
    libvirt-3.2.1-1.fc26.x86_64

    I can disable '3dnowprefetch' CPU feature in guest via 'xl' command,
with adding `cpuid='host,3dnowprefetch=0'` into the CFG file.

    However, follow the instruction (https://libvirt.org/
formatdomain.html#elementsCPU), I added the following block into my XML
file:

```
  <cpu mode='host-passthrough' check='none'>
    <feature policy='disable' name='3dnowprefetch'/>
  </cpu>
```

    Created the instance, seemed this feature was not being disabled in my
guest. (I was able to see '3dnowprefetch' in `lscpu` outputs)

    Anybody has idea on this? Does libvirt support this for Xen?

    Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Charles

Charles Shih (史晨)
Quality Engineer
Red Hat, Platform QE, Virt QE, Section 1
Email: cheshi at redhat.com
IRC: cheshi @ #eng-china, #hyperv ,#qa, #virt
T: +86 10 65627484 <010%206562%207484>  - IP: 8387484
M: +86 18611268098 <186%201126%208098>