[libvirt-users] Configuring VMM for USB/Serial

Brianna Moczynski bmoczynski at xes-inc.com
Mon Jun 26 14:46:36 UTC 2017

Hello,

I keep receiving errors such as the following:

Error rebooting domain: Timed out during operation: cannot acquire state change
lock (held by qemuProcessReconnect)

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/asyncjob.py", line 90, in cb_wrapper
callback(asyncjob, *args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/asyncjob.py", line 126, in tmpcb
callback(*args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/libvirtobject.py", line 83, in newfn
ret = fn(self, *args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/domain.py", line 1378, in reboot
self._backend.reboot(0)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/libvirt.py", line 2024, in reboot
if ret == -1: raise libvirtError ('virDomainReboot() failed', dom=self)
libvirtError: Timed out during operation: cannot acquire state change lock (held
by qemuProcessReconnect)

Whereby VMM loads, showing my VM in the "Paused" state and will not start, restart, shout down, etc.

Restarting libvirt did not seem to have an effect on the issue.

I ultimately solved it by removing and reinstalling the VM itself.

Additionally, and I believe the issues may be somewhat related, I am having the following issues:

libvirt not supporting forwarding ttys as usb serial devices (for pci serial cards (multiple serial ports))
virt-manager not supporting redirecting usb devices by vendor:device id

I was wondering if you might have any suggestions on how to configure libvirt so that I do not have these issues.

Thanks,
BJM