[libvirt-users] Authenticating virsh with username and password

Petr Kotas pkotas at redhat.com
Mon Jun 26 15:16:44 UTC 2017

Hi,

I am new to libvirt and still learning, so thanks for any help.

I am using libvirt configured with username and password.
I need to utilize libvirt service "libvirt-guests.service" to shutdown all
my VMs on system shutdown.

Unfortunately it fails due to failed authentication.

Jun 26 15:56:55 localhost virsh[13326]: All-whitespace username.
Jun 26 15:56:55 localhost libvirt-guests.sh[13114]: Unable to connect to
libvirt currently. Retrying .. 2Please enter your authenti
Jun 26 15:56:55 localhost libvirtd[1155]: End of file while reading data:
Input/output error

Is it possible to specify user and password somehow? I cannot run kerberos
or some other token based authentication.

Thanks for any help.

Kind regards,
Petr Kotas