[libvirt-users] trouble after upgrading from 3.0.0 to 3.1.0

Michal Privoznik mprivozn at redhat.com
Tue Mar 14 11:56:27 UTC 2017

On 03/14/2017 10:51 AM, Michael Ströder wrote:
> HI!
>
> After the last OS update (openSUSE Tumbleweed) with libvirt being updated from 3.0.0 to
> 3.1.0 starting the VMs (qemu-kvm) does not work anymore:
>
> error: internal error: child reported: Kernel does not provide mount namespace:
> Permission denied

Hey, this is definitely a libvirt bug. Since 3.1.0 libvirt spawns each
qemu in its own mount namespace so that it can have private /dev mount.
I've heard that there are some issues with AppArmor - is that what are
you using? Can you try the current git HEAD - there were some fixes
applied after 3.1.0 release.

Meanwhile, you can disable namespaces by setting:

  namespaces=[]

in qemu.conf. However, that should be just temporary solution until we
fix all the bugs.

Michal