[libvirt-users] Help needed on a gentoo system after update to libvirtd 3.1.0

Marko Weber | 8000 weber at zbfmail.de
Tue Mar 7 09:49:06 UTC 2017

Hello list,

i updated on a gentoo system from libvirtd 2.5 to 3.1.0
Now my windows machines cant access internet.
I did a virbr1 with virt-manager and route it to the eth0, works fine on
2.5

on install i get this:

Important: The openrc libvirtd init script is now broken up into two
separate services: libvirtd, that solely handles the daemon, and
libvirt-guests, that takes care of clients during shutdown/restart of
the
host. In order to reenable client handling, edit
/etc/conf.d/libvirt-guests
and enable the service and start it:

         $ rc-update add libvirt-guests
         $ service libvirt-guests start

For the basic networking support (bridged and routed networks) you don't
need any extra software. For more complex network modes including but
not
limited to NATed network, you can enable the 'virt-network' USE flag. It
will pull in required runtime dependencies

If you are using dnsmasq on your system, you will have to configure
/etc/dnsmasq.conf to enable the following settings:

         bind-interfaces
         interface or except-interface

Otherwise you might have issues with your existing DNS server.

For openrc users:

         Please use /etc/conf.d/libvirtd to control the '--listen'
parameter for
         libvirtd.

         Use /etc/init.d/libvirt-guests to manage clients on
restart/shutdown of
         the host. The default configuration will suspend and resume
running kvm
         guests with 'managedsave'. This behavior can be changed under
         /etc/conf.d/libvirt-guests

virt-manager starts fine and shows my vm´s. i dont touched /etc/dnsmasq
cause i dont used it. so left untouched.
yes, i added libvirt-guests with rc-update

the virbr1 has 192.168.18.1 as address, and is reachable via ping from
vm guest.
but it cant resolve hostnames and cant ping ip´s outside the
virtualisation host.

anyone knows this effect after update?
do i have to change some more things?
or is this a bug?