[libvirt-users] MIPS emulation broken - No PCI buses available

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Tue Mar 14 10:59:23 UTC 2017

On Mon, Mar 13, 2017 at 04:23:38PM -0500, Ian Pilcher wrote:
> I am trying to create a QEMU MIPS guest, so that I can test some code
> for big-endian safety.

You are probably better off using PPC64 which is big-endian and much more
widely tested in libvirt than MIPS, so actually likely to work reliably.

> Every attempt to create a MIPS guest is giving me an error:
>
>   Unable to complete install: 'XML error: No PCI buses available'
>
> It seems like this is a known issue.
>
>   https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2016-May/msg00197.html
>
> However, I am still getting this on a fully updated Fedora 25 system
> with libvirt-2.2.0-2.fc25.x86_64.

It seems that patch you quote was never applied to libvirt. There was
some debate in the thread that follows and it seems it was never
resolved.

Please do file a bug against libvirt so this doesn't get lost again.

Regards,
Daniel
|: http://entangle-photo.org       -o-    http://search.cpan.org/~danberr/ :|