[libvirt-users] libvirt-guests and time sync on autostart vms

Timo Juhani Lindfors timo.lindfors at iki.fi
Mon Mar 20 13:58:51 UTC 2017

ıuoʎ <yonjah at gmail.com> writes:
> I have a host running a few guests all configured to autostart.
> I'm also using libvirt-guests to suspend the guests when the host
> restarts or shuts down

I have a similar setup. I solved it by writing a small daemon that syncs
system time from RTC time if the error is larger than 10 seconds. This
guarantees that my VM time will be in sync with the host very fast. If
I'd run ntpd it would take minutes for the resumed VM to notice that
something happened.