[libvirt-users] libvirt-guests and time sync on autostart vms

ıuoʎ yonjah at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 00:37:28 UTC 2017

On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 9:58 PM, Timo Juhani Lindfors
<timo.lindfors at iki.fi> wrote:
> ıuoʎ <yonjah at gmail.com> writes:
>> I have a host running a few guests all configured to autostart.
>> I'm also using libvirt-guests to suspend the guests when the host
>> restarts or shuts down
>
> I have a similar setup. I solved it by writing a small daemon that syncs
> system time from RTC time if the error is larger than 10 seconds. This
> guarantees that my VM time will be in sync with the host very fast. If
> I'd run ntpd it would take minutes for the resumed VM to notice that
> something happened.

Yea I created another systemd service that will sync the time of all
running machines on host boot.
I was just wondering if I was missing something with libvirt-guests
and autostart.
I haven't noticed any issues with the time discrepancies on running
guests so I hope this will be enough.