[libvirt-users] nwfilter and address of network ip address

Nicolas Bock nicolasbock at gmail.com
Fri May 5 20:29:30 UTC 2017

Hi,

I am running a webserver on the libvirt host and would like to add
a nwfilter such that a VM can access that server. The
corresponding iptables rule would look like this:

iptables --append INPUT --in-interface virbr0 --destination 192.168.122.1 --protocol tcp --dport 80 --jump ACCEPT

where the network is using virbr0 and sits at 192.168.122.1. I
don't want to hardcode the host IP address in the nwfilter so that
I can use that filter for other networks. Is it possible to
reference the host's IP address in the filter?

Thanks!

Nick