[libvirt-users] can't establish more than 1000 connections with virsh

dw dwlinuxkernel at 163.com
Thu May 25 10:51:40 UTC 2017

在 2017年05月25日 18:37, Daniel P. Berrange 写道:
> On Thu, May 25, 2017 at 06:20:51PM +0800, dw wrote:
>> Hi:
>>
>>      I'm trying to connect with libvirtd with virsh from a remote PC,but only
>> can establish 1000 connections.
>>
>>      If try more connections,prompt:
>>
>>      "error: failed to connect to the hypervisor
>>      error: Failed to open file '/etc/libvirt/libvirt.conf': Too many open
>> files"
>>
>>      I tried in another PC,also get the same prompt.
>>
>>      Anybody know why?
> There's a limit of 1024 open file handles by default on Linux. You would
> have to raise that limit in /etc/security/limits.d/ for your user.
>

> Regards,
> Daniel

In /etc/security/limits.d/,there is only 20-nproc.conf.

I modified /etc/security/limits.conf,what I added is:

         "*       soft nofile 81920
         *       hard nofile 81920"

I also modified /etc/pam.d/login,that I added is:

     "session required        pam_limits.so"

The output of "ulimit -a" is:

     core file size          (blocks, -c) 0
     scheduling priority             (-e) 0
     pending signals                 (-i) 385898
     max locked memory       (kbytes, -l) 64
     open files                      (-n) 81920
     pipe size            (512 bytes, -p) 8
     POSIX message queues     (bytes, -q) 819200
     real-time priority              (-r) 0
     stack size              (kbytes, -s) 8192
     max user processes              (-u) 385898

What I did is right?