[libvirt-users] dramatic performance slowdown due to THP allocation failure with full pagecache

Blair Bethwaite blair.bethwaite at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 18:03:30 UTC 2017

On 14 November 2017 at 10:56, Daniel P. Berrange <berrange at redhat.com> wrote:
> Oh well THP usage inside the guest is then not really anything todo with
> virt, just a regular Linux questions, so not sure libvirt is the best
> place to ask.

True, I just hoped you or one of the other devs might have some
insight on reclaim behaviour that would provide a clue. I guess I'll
try a linux list.

Any comment on this (which is virt related):
(1) a related and possibly dumb question: in the case of a
high-performance KVM where the guest is hugepage backed and pinned in
host memory anyway, why do we still have a table based resolution for
guest physical to host virtual address translation - couldn't this
just be done by offset?

--
Cheers,
~Blairo