[libvirt-users] virDomainSaveImageDefineXML

Michal Privoznik mprivozn at redhat.com
Mon Oct 2 11:46:22 UTC 2017

On 09/26/2017 11:59 AM, llilulu wrote:
> Hi:
>     When I make snapshot use virDomainSave,before I resume the snapshot , I use virDomainSaveImageDefineXML change the domain info, like disk path. but I can't change the <devices> , for example detach a disk or interface, Can't tell me what can I change use virDomainSaveImageDefineXML before resume snapshot.

Well, saving & restoring domain is like migration. Therefore, guest ABI
must be preserved. Therefore it's not possible to hotplug or hotunlpug
devices as it would change the guest ABI. What you can do though, is to
change the backends (e.g. disk location to your domain has changed, so
you should be able to change the disk <source/>).

Michal