[libvirt-users] error: internal error: missing backend for pool type 11 (zfs)

Nick Gilmour nickeforos at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 13:48:17 UTC 2017

@Michal: Thanks for your reply!

Indeed I have found a package in the AUR (libvirt-zfs) and only had to
change to the current version and add zfs-utils as dependency in the
PKGBUILD. Now I don't get the previous error anymore but I still cannot
setup a VM because I constantly get errors due to wrong permissions.

I have tried to change the permissions in:

   - /etc/libvirt/qemu.conf
   - /virt-pool/vmm
   - /dev/zvol/virt-pool

also:

# zfs allow <user> create,destroy,mount virt-pool/vmm

didn't help.

What are the correct permissions? Which user and group?

Nick