[libvirt-users] virsh does no longer respond to commands

Dominik Psenner dpsenner at gmail.com
Sun Oct 22 12:04:09 UTC 2017

Hi,

after a recent live backup done with a snapshot, blockcommit failed and a
subsequent (manual) blockjob abort got stuck. Now we are unable to do basic
operations on the virtual machine like if it was frozen and when issuing
another command we see the following:

$ virsh shutdown $domain
error: Failed to shutdown domain $domain
error: Timed out during operation: cannot acquire state change lock (held
by remoteDispatchDomainBlockJobAbort)

$ virsh blockcommit $domain --active --pivot
error: Timed out during operation: cannot acquire state change lock (held
by remoteDispatchDomainBlockJobAbort)

$ virsh blockjob $domain --abort
error: Timed out during operation: cannot acquire state change lock (held
by remoteDispatchDomainBlockJobAbort)

Houston, we've got a problem. We have roughly 16 hours to fix this. Any
help is appreciated!
--
Dominik Psenner