[libvirt-users] Rollback to running VM

Jackson, Gary L. Gary.Jackson at jhuapl.edu
Tue Sep 19 16:53:43 UTC 2017

Thanks! The vanilla snapshot-create-as and revert commands work just exactly the way I’d want them to. I’d gotten a bit confused by the documentation and went down a rabbit hole with external snapshots.

Is there any way to make the snapshot and restore faster, like maybe by a decimal order of magnitude? For example, will PXE booting the VM and running it entirely off of a RAM disk and also using a RAM disk for the backing store help?

--
Gary Jackson