[libvirt-users] How to configure dnsmasq using libvirt?

Martin Kletzander mkletzan at redhat.com
Mon Sep 18 08:30:56 UTC 2017

On Wed, Aug 23, 2017 at 05:02:48PM -0400, Don Zickus wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I am working on a project, beaker, where they use anisble scripts to setup
>an environment with 4 virtual machines.  One acts as a server to the other
>3.
>
>We noticed after the network was setup, the domainname is not properly
>reported with using the 'hostname' command.  We believe that dnsmasq was not
>correctly configured.
>
>Is there a recommended way to setup dnsmasq using libvirt and ansible?

Not that I know of (for now).  What is the problem you have?  Can't the
VMs reach each other using hostnames?  Do they properly report hostnames
when asking for a lease?  I've seen bunch of problems with this, but it
was always about not-so-well behaving machines.  By default it should
just work.  Can you elaborate more on how stuff does not work?  Thanks.