[libvirt-users] IP pool x bridge

Thiago Oliveira cpv.thiago at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 03:12:18 UTC 2018

Hi there!

I have a question about IP Pool. I have one physical server with a ip pool
with /28 and I would like to use those IP's into the guests. I have tried
the below:

1-) Use bridge on physical server, create bridge in network configurations
and configure the IP into the guest. Ok, works, but someone can change the
IP, for example, change from 104.34.45.23/28 to 104.34.45.24/28. This is
not good. How can I prevent this change by the user using bridge mode?

2-) Create a subnet pool with /29, but the system returns the error because
the pool is at the same subnet of the bridge.

Thanks.

Thiago