[libvirt-users] error : virHashForEach:597 : Hash operation not allowed during iteration

Vincent Bernat bernat at luffy.cx
Wed Apr 4 08:36:31 UTC 2018

Hey!

On many of our servers, we often have the following error:

error : virHashForEach:597 : Hash operation not allowed during iteration

When querying the list of domains, this means libvirt will silently
return 0 domain (most uses of virHashForEach don't handle the return
code).

We are using a hook, but the hook doesn't query libvirt back, so it
should be safe from this point of view. However, we have several sources
querying libvirt at regular interval (once every 5 seconds from two
different sources). I am unable to reproduce the problem with just
running "virsh list" in parallel.

We are using libvirt 3.6.

Is it an expected constraint to not be able to reliably query libvirt
from several sources? Have fixes for this problem been pushed since 3.6?
--
A kind of Batman of contemporary letters.
		-- Philip Larkin on Anthony Burgess